BackupBuddy is the all-in-one solution for backups, restoration, and migration. The single backup ZIP file created can be used with the import & migration script to quickly and easily restore your site on the same server or even migrate to a new web host with different settings.
Whether you’re an end user or a developer, this plugin will bring you peace of mind and added safety in the event of data loss. The goal is to keep the backup, restoration, and migration processes easy, fast, and reliable. Full Video Tutorial Here.
Full WordPress or Database Backup
- Perform a Full Backup by clicking `Full Backup` button on the Backup page. This backs up all files in your WordPress directory (and sub directories) as well as the database. This will capture everything from the Database Only Backup and also all files in the WordPress directory and sub directories. This includes files such as media, plugins, themes, images, and any other files found.
- Perform a Database Backup regularly by clicking `Database Backup` button on the Backup. The database contains posts, pages, comments widget content, media titles & descriptions (but not media files), and other WordPress settings. It may be backed up more often without impacting your available storage space or server performance as much as a Full Backup.
- Local backup storage directory:
Restoring, Migrating to a New Server, Domain or Host
- Upload the backup file and importbuddy.php to the root web directory of the destination server. Do not install WordPress on the destination server. The importbuddy.php script will restore all files, including WordPress.
- Create a mySQL database on the destination server. ( Tutorial Video & Instructions Here )
- Navigate to importbuddy.php in your web browser on the destination server. If you provided an import password you will be prompted for this password before you may continue.
- Follow the importing instructions on screen. You will be asked whether you are restoring or migrating.