Hello & welcome to WP Sites.
My name is Brad Dalton and i’m the founder and maintainer of this site.
I started this blog back in 2010 after using WordPress to rebuild a business website which i originally built in 2008 using Microsoft Publisher.
I love working solutions out myself, writing code & tutorials which help the WordPress & Genesis communities make their experience with theme customization easier & less time consuming.
I spend most of my time writing and testing code on a local installation for use with different Genesis child themes, mainly StudioPress themes. Then i publish tutorials focused on helping Genesis users solve problems with theme customization, modification and addition of custom functionality.
The tutorials on wpsites.net compliment the themes in the StudioPress Pro Plus Package which i consider to be the best investment any WordPress web designer, DIY website builder or budding theme developer can make.
WP Sites currently contains 2000+ tutorials and over 4,000 code snippets. Most of the code is either 1) modified from a GPL source like Genesis, StudioPress child themes & WordPress or 2) written from scratch by myself. I rarely publish code from other peoples websites because i need to do the work myself in order to understand the code enough to provide support for members who use the code.
Source of Tutorial topics : Tutorials are based on forum questions, member requests, client work and ideas i personally like to work out myself.
What I Offer You
Around 60% of the tutorials on this site are 100% free to access for everyone.
However, the best tutorials with the best code are restricted and only accessible to members.
Membership gives you access to thousands of the highest quality code snippets, templates, themes with specific functionality and features as well as support for the installation of all code in your StudioPress child theme.
If membership is not something you feel would work for you, i also offer consulting services by the hour or you can request a fixed price quote.
I do not outsource any work and all the tutorials on this site have been written and tested by me personally. The only code which isn’t my work comes from 100% GPL sources or sources where i have substantially modified and tested the code in accordance with the sites usage policy.
Why Pay for Access & Why I Need To Charge You
I fully understand many people in the WordPress & Genesis communities would like custom code, theme modification support and access to step by step tutorials for free. While i’m happy to contribute by providing a point in the right direction like offering which method i think is best to solve a problem, working out, writing the code and testing is time consuming and rarely does a tutorial take less than 2-3 hours to publish, at a minimum.
Code also needs to be updated when changes are made to Genesis and WordPress. This takes time and has to be done as all code under membership is guaranteed to work.
The Value in Membership
- You don’t need to pay for the time it takes to work out a solution or the time it takes to find out what the problem is in the first place ( Discovery ).
- You don’t need to spend years learning how to read & write code.
- You don’t need to pay an hourly rate for code which takes several hours to write & test.
- You pay a fixed rate for an entire months worth of access & support for over 4,000 code snippets in 1900+ tutorials
My Community Attitude
My personal attitude is to never upset anyone publicly. I’ve never had a bad word to say about anyone publicly and am proud of this fact. I have had to deal with content theft, cyber bullying and other bad behavior however i have always dealt with these issues privately.
- I don’t take private conversations from emails or any other source and make them public on chat groups, Twitter or any other public forum.
- I don’t get involved in gossip about other members of the community.
- I don’t get involved in or support the people involved in the nasty politics behind the scenes in the Genesis and WordPress communities.
- I don’t trash the competition or try and turn people in the community against other members of the community nor do i support the people involved in cyberbullying, cyberstalking, taunting and aggressive networking/internet marketing groups who behave more like internet gangs who will say anything to make more money and encourage their supporters to spread lies.
- Publicly, i’ve never had a bad word to say about anyone in the WordPress or Genesis communities.
I focus on questions from people in the community and work out coded solutions which solve their problems.