This code enables you to build your own author box independant of the author box included in Genesis.
Here’s an example of what it can look like:
The code enables you to:
- Hook the custom author box in using any Genesis hook and conditional tag.
- Style the author box independant of the default author box as it includes custom classes.
- Modify the custom author box using custom filters which are different to the default author box filters.
- Add custom variables. Included in this example are the genesis shortcodes for post info which are output in the custom author box.
- Add another author box for a second author so you can display 2 author boxes on any post.
- Modify the code in anyway via the safety of your child theme.
Here’s the code for logged in members:
You need to subscribe to fully access this tutorial.