This tutorials provides all the code you can install to create a carousel slide show of images like this:
There’s 3 steps you need to take to make the carousel work in your theme.
- Add HTML to your editor or text widget. You will also need to upload your slider images to your media library and replace the image URL’s in the HTML code
- Add PHP to your functions file to load the jQuery and CSS files
- Upload the unzipped wpsites-flex-slider folder to your child themes root directory
All code should be copied from the view raw link in the Gist and pasted using a code editor like Notepad++.
You need to subscribe to fully access this tutorial.
Video Installation Guide for Beginners
The video screencast simply shows you how to follow the steps in this tutorial to install the code which creates the carousel slide show.
- Tested on the Genesis Sample child theme by StudioPress.
- The CSS may need tweaking when using on other Genesis child themes or non StudioPress themes.
Here’s the carousel used in the Twenty Fourteen theme: