Do you need to complete full backup of your website or blog?
Are you moving to a new host, server or domain?
There’s only one easy way to fully copy ALL your files and databases.
And i’ve been using this premium WordPress backup plugin myself for over 6 months now. (yes its premium so if you’re looking for a free solution you will find several using the related post links at the end of this tutorial).
Lets take a look at the only plugin that creates a full copy of your entire site and the reasons you may find this plugin helpful.
Are any of the following applicable to you and your situation?
- You simply want Full Backup of your site without any hassle or technical challenge
- You want to Migrate and transfer your full website contents to another host or server smoothly
- You need to find a new domain and want to easily restore your files and MySql databases to a new domain (without breaking your links)
- You are looking for a premium solution which is solid yet affordable as a one off investment for your contents security.
If your answer is YES, then proceed to read the following content i have written for you based on my own personal experience and also as a WordPress developer who offers services to paying customers.
I have also written about several other methods you may consider and posted links at the end of this post.
Its amazing how may website owners only backup their database thinking their whole site had been backed up.
I was guilty of this when i first started out and learn’t the hard way after a cheap host i was using told me they accidently deleted one of my sites after i informed them i was wanting to move all my sites to a new host !
Fully backup your files and databases
BackupBuddy gives you the choice to schedule full backup of your files and databases or just your databases on a daily, weekly or monthly basis.
If your writing blog posts and adding new content on a daily basis you probably would want your content secure just in case.
Whats included in a full BackupBuddy Backup?
- Plugins and your entire plugin configurations
- Themes and design settings
- Seo Settings including, meta descriptions and keywords
- Full database backup of your MySql databases
- Images, video and complete backup of your entire media library
Backupbuddy completes full backup of everything (100%) so when you restore your site to a new server or host or on an existing server, it will be exactly the same as it was at the time of the backup.
What Backupbuddy does is it makes life easier for you and saves you time by taking a full copy of your entire files and databases and saves the backup in a location of your choice.
What happens to my files & databases after BackupBuddy completes the process
Your backup can be copied to your local PC or Mac, saved on your server or sent to any other location for safe keeping
- On your existing server
- Sent by email to you (only if under 10mg)
- Sent to any location you specify using FTP login details
- Sent to your Amazon storage account
How do i migrate and restore the copy to another host or domain
The process of migrating WordPress to another location and then restoring it is simple.
- Upload the import file
- Upload your backup file
- Restore your site by entering your domain name, password and new database login details.
Consider this: BackupBuddy is NOT the only solution when you need to backup your site or move your blog to a new server.
Its just the easiest and fastest way to cover all bases and save time if your not experienced with these technical details.
The image below shows the options you can choose from once you install the wordpress backup plugin:
- Backup Database Only
- Full Backup
Consider this: A Backupbuddy license only lasts for one year however it does include technical support and upgrades
I have also included a guide on how to manually backup your files and databases using several different backup methods which you can access using the links below.Subscribe via e-mail