There’s too many WordPress eCommerce shopping cart plugins to choose from don’t you think? So which one is the best? Depends on which one works best with the theme you are using and also offers all the features you need to sell more products online.
If you have time, i suggest you take a look at eStore shopping cart for WordPress after you read this review.
Cart66 offers both a free ‘Lite’ version which you can use to test for yourself and a range of premium plans. This review is based on the free ‘Lite’ version.
Hopefully this screen will be absolutely chocker block with orders from all over the world! I Guarantee you this 7 day Free SEO eCourse will help increase targeted traffic from Google and increase sales. Look out for the Content Distribution system i refer to inside.
Product setup is very straight forward. Remember to use a unique product i.d and you can also set tax based on state, country as well as other variables.
Digital Product Options
You’ll need to create a new folder on your server named products and upload the digital product file you are selling using these screen options. You’ll also need to enter the folder location in the Settings page under Digital Product Settings and enter the file name in the required field.
This panel is where you enter product sizes, colors etc. You can also instruct your buyers on what they should enter into your custom text fields.
This feature is only available in Cart66 Professional.
Account functionality is only available in Cart66 Professional.
Here you can easily create a coupon for your affiliates and prospective buyers in Dollar terms or as a percentage.
Here you enter the shipping agent, default rate and you can also offer a discount for bulk order using the bundle rate
Product Shipping Prices
These shipping prices override your default prices. Choose your product, shipping agent and shipping rate for each product. As well as offer a bundle discount on bulk orders. This is a great idea in my opinion as nothing sells better than discount!
Cart Price Shipping Rates
Another great idea to close sales online is by offering a discount based on the value of goods in the cart.
The settings offered are:
1) Main Settings: Select home country, currency, countries you can ship to, and use of SSL
2) Tax Rates Settings: You can collect sales tax by state for U.S & Canada or on all sales
3) Paypal Settings: Enter your Shopping, Return and IPN Notification URL’s as well as PayPal API Settings for Express Checkout. Most of these settings can be accessed in from paypal.
4) Payment Gateway Settings:
With Cart66 Professional you can accept credit cards directly on your website using:
- PayPal Website Payments Pro
- Quantum Gateway
- eProcessing Network
- Authorize.net AIM
- Any other gateway that implements the Authorize.net AIM interface
5) E-Mail Receipt Settings: These are the settings used for sending email receipts to your customers after they place an order.
6) Status Options: Define the order status options to suit your business needs. For example, you may want to have new, complete, and canceled.
7) Digital Product Folder: As discussed earlier, enter the absolute path to where you want to store your digital products. Note: You should NOT enter a web url starting with http:// Your filesystem path will start with just a /
8) Store Home Page: This is the link to the page of your site that you consider to be the home page of your store.
9) Spreedly Account Information: Configure your Spreedly account information to sell subscriptions.
10) Amazon s3 Settings: Amazon S3 provides a simple web services interface for delivering digital content.
11) Constant Contact Settings: Configure your Constant Contact account information so your buyers can opt in to your newsletter.
12) MailChimp Settings: Configure your Mail Chimp account information so your buyers can opt in to your newsletter.
13) IDev-Affiliate Settings: Configure your iDevAffiliate account information so Cart66 can award commissions to your affiliates.
14) Zendesk Account Information: Configure your Zendesk account information to enable remote authentication.
15) Customize Cart Images: If you would like to use your own shopping cart images (Add To Cart, Checkout, etc), enter the URL to the directory where you will be storing the images.
16) Customize Styles: If you would like to override the default styles, you may enter the URL to your custom style sheet. Great option in my opinion and easy to do if you have created a child theme.
17) Admin Roles: Set the role required to access the areas of the Cart66 plugin. Note that the ability to edit these settings requires the “manage_options” capability normally assigned to Administrators.
18) Error Logging & Debugging: Send transactions to PayPal’s developer sandbox.
Reports – Product Sales
Sales reports are only available in Cart66 Professional
Account functionality is only available in Cart66 Professional
Inserting Cart66 Buttons
Simple insertion of your cart using the WordPress editor with options to change the style of the cart using CSS & use your own button.
I like the way Cart66 offers this free Lite version for testing which gives you the opportunity to see if it works properly with your eCommerce theme.Subscribe for Free & Premium Genesis Tutorials