Whats your favourite stats/analytics plugin for WordPress? I bet you’re using the Google analytics code on your site and not wordpress.com stats. Am i right? Maybe this will help you see the light as the graphs below are actual figures taken from using both Google analytics and the wordpress.com stats plugin.
Here’s a list of the most important and biggest differences between Google analytics and the WordPress.com stats plugin for wordpress.
- WordPress.com stats plugin is live data unlike Google analytics which is updated once every 24 hours
- Google analytics for WordPress counts your own visits whereas WordPress.com stats excludes all admin visits
- WordPress.com stats are far easier to use and more practical than Google’s analytics which can take months to master
Fair bit of difference between these 2 plugins when you look at the stats. I like using WordPress.com stats becuase it’s live and in a more simple form with 4 different areas. I also use Google analytics for there goals which can be setup to give you stats on how many conversions you get for landing page options etc.
Features of the Google Analytics for WordPress Plugin
- Easy installation and authentication by selecting the site/sites you want to track
- Tracks outbound links and download links
- Enables you to track custom variables in Google Analytics i.e, Authors, tags, categories etc
- Google adsense integration
- Enables you to track different marketing campaigns by tagging links
- Hide your I.P address
- Track login and registration forms
Features of WordPress.com stats plugin – Less is more!
- Easy access to data which is all on the same page
- Tracks clicks on all links
- Tracks search engine terms used to arrive at your site
- Provides daily, weekly and monthly data
- Tracks Top Posts and Pages on your wordpress site
- Tracks all referrers and sources of traffic
Google Analytics for WordPress and Google analytics itself provides an incredible depth of information which can be overwhelming at times. That’s why i prefer using wordpress.com stats or statpress on a daily bases and just check Google analytics once a day.
Which stats plugin do you use for your wordpress site and why? Are you a regular user of Google analytics or do you prefer another plugin like StatPress or WordPress.com stats?Subscribe to Free Tutorials