Are you searching for the best plugins to increase your search engine indexing and get more traffic to your site?
Seo can be a tricky business and learning how to use and configure some seo plugins can be a difficult task. That’s why i am constantly looking for a easier solution and trying new plugins and methods to increase search engine traffic to my site.
Why search engine traffic? Because search engines generally provide the most amount of consistent free traffic.
There are several simple yet highly effective plugins that provide an easier solution and make the job a whole lot easier.
I’ll start by listing the plugins i use and briefly discuss why you should use them for your own benefit.
Best Redirection Plugin
1. Redirection Plugin There will come a time when you need to make changes to your unique post address or permalink and this plugin automatically adds a redirection when a post’s URL changes so both your internal and external links continue to work. Without this plugin your links will become broken and result in many errors and loss of traffic. Read my post on how to easily fix broken links with a free wordpress link checker plugin
Best Plugin for Checking Duplicate Content
3. Seo No Duplicate Search Engines will penalise any duplicate content on your site because they automatically crawl your entire site and Black-hat SEO folks abuse duplicate content to gain search ranking while search engines try really hard to detect and penalize them. The last thing you want to do is present yourself as a spammer to search engines. This plugin improves your site’s search engine optimization by helping you manage your search engine duplicate content, by setting your post page’s canonical to the permalink.
Best Plugin for Optimizing Your Images
4. Seo Friendly Images is a WordPress optimization plugin which automatically updates all images with proper ALT and TITLE attributes. If your images do not have ALT and TITLE already set, this plugin will add them according the options you set. ALT attribute is important part of search engine optimization. It describes your image to search engine and when a user searches for a certain image this is a key determining factor for a match. Note: If you use Seopressor, you do not have to use this plugin.
Best All In One Seo Plugin
5. WordPress Seo by Yoast.Yoast, aka Joost de Valk of Press This Fame, wrote the original All In One Seo Code which has been downloaded over 7.6 million times. His free plugin offers an easier learning curve and also a snippet view of what your post/page description will look like in the actual search results. Includes features for internal links, permalinks, titles and all the most important features you need to improve your rankings.
Best Plugin for links
6. Seo Smart Links provides automatic SEO benefits for your site by finding keywords in your posts, pages and comments and linking them to your other posts, pages, categories and tags. This Improves your site’s interlinking, allows you to add a no follow attribute to external links and control external links with custom keywords.
Best Sitemaps Plugin
7. Google XML Sitemaps will generate a special XML sitemap which will help search engines like Google, Yahoo, Bing and Ask.com to better index your blog so you achieve more search engine traffic. Includes a filter for other plugins so can add their pages to your sitemap and also automatically generates a sitemap for all types of posts and pages.
Best Seo plugin For Intermediates
8. Scribe offers more advanced features than seopressor including keyword research and linking. Don’t expect to install this plugin and suddenly top google. However it is a fantastic tool to help increase your learning curve and knowledge of seo which will help you increase your search results. Significantly cheaper than hiring an expert every time you need to optimize your new blog posts and website pages. Take Scribe On a Risk-Free Test Drive
Best Seo Software
I’ve included the Market Samurai in this post because its relevant with heaps of features you will find useful. Its not a plugin but it’s well worth taking up the free trial even if that’s as far as you go with excellent. I own and recommend Market Samurai.
There are several plugins that i no longer use which i have excluded from this list for several reasons.
When you write and work with content 7 days a week you will get into the habit of doing most of your on page Seo manually as it becomes second nature.
Don’t expect a massive increase in traffic after installing any plugins unless you have great content, lots of highly relevant, unique content that desperately needs optimization.
Tip: write highly relevant, unique content focusing on one keyword per post. Use multiple variations of this one keyword or multiple word keywords (key phrases) that mean the same thing.
This way you’ll get hits from both exact match keyword searchers and broad match searchers. Including the single keywords within the key phrases like these 3 keywords: seo, plugins, WordPress will also help your on page seo.
Just remember these should all occur naturally and don’t stuff your content with to many keywords or Google may penalize you.Subscribe for Tutorials - Double Opt In