Do you want to start your own blog now?
You can easily create your own premium quality site for under $200.
Simply follow these 5 steps or use a free setup service for WordPress where we’ll completely setup your blog for you the right way the first time.
Below you’l find a simple 5 step guide you’ll need to follow which shows you how to create your own website or blog with WordPress.
It’s a step by step guide that will walk you through the whole process from the very beginning until your new site is live on the internet in less than an hour.
Setup Guide With Video Tutorial Series
For a more detailed guide which includes video, sign up for our free video tutorial series for beginners.
This video series walks you through the 24 main settings in WordPress so you know how to setup and configure your site the right way the first time.
Free Guide to Getting Started with WordPress
Another way to get started with WordPress is to read my free eBook.
This 32 eBook provides a step by step guide on how to choose a domain, find web hosting and install WordPress quickly and easily.
5 Step Guide Starting Below
This guide also includes links (In Blue) to related content on this blog that you can click through and follow for each step of the process.
- Get Your Domain Name Even though most web hosts offer a free domain with their hosting packages, i prefer to buy a domain with a different domain registrar so i fully control my site if my hosting company has a problem.
- Choose a Web Host and Sign Up for an Account Most of these top web hosts include free applications (scripts) that make installing your favorite blogging software very easy.
- Choose a Theme (Template) For Your Blog Although there are many great looking free themes for download, i choose and recommend premium themes as they offer quality coding, are optimized for search engines, easy to customize for your own branding and include free lifetime upgrades and support. You won’t get that from a free theme.
- Design your Blog Posts Here are several ways to write a blog post for beginners which covers everything you need to know about creating new content.
- Getting Your Blog Indexed With the Major Search Engines Make sure you verify ownership of your site first and consider adding your site URL to Webmaster tools at Google and Bing. Here’s the links to submit your RSS feeds or XML sitemap to the major search engines which will include your posts for indexing in their search results.
Getting Indexed in Bing & Google
To get your blog indexed in the major search engines, simply submit your domain name using the links below.
I’m always happy to answer any questions my readers have when they leave them in the comments of each post.
You will also find support at these main forums for WordPress users.Subscribe to Free Tutorials