Have a think about these points below before you begin to write a new post.
If you don’t have any passion about what you are writing or are forcing yourself to write, better leave it for another time.
Don’t forget to keep your related posts in mind so you have a better idea on how to link them together before you start.
- Think about the relevancy of what you are are going to write about. Put yourself in the shoes of the reader who has been drawn in by your Title or Headline and expect content related to that title or search query.When linking to another page, use keywords that you have put in the permalink to that post. This will help increase your search engine results. This is called anchor text and tells the search engines that the content you are linking to is related to your overall topic.
- Search through any related posts and make sure you DON’T repeat yourself with duplicate content. You can also link your other related posts to your new blog post to help your readers easily find more relevant content related to what they are searching for. If your readers don’t find what they are looking for on your blog post, you want to make it easy for them to follow related links to more relevant content that solves their problem or helps them in some way.
- Make the content completely relevant to the main title and topic. Example: If you are writing about green tea, write about different types of green tea. Don’t write about English breakfast tea or coffee. If you have more to say in your blog post about tea, then place a link to another post about other varieties of tea. Unrelated content is a waste of time for your readers and they will NOT subscribe.
- Try and write like its a conversation about your own authentic personal experience and you are helping an old friend or family member that’s close to your heart. Be helpful, genuine and sincere when you write a blog post or your readers will see right through you.
- When i write a blog post, i try and write tutorial style and include images of actual screen shots from my own computer. You may want to take these before you start and spend some time before you write a blog post to arrange the layout of your post with the images in mind. Painting a picture of what you are describing helps your readers visualize your content and makes it easier to follow.
- Be helpful, genuine and sincere when you write a blog post or your readers will see right through you. Write your blog post about something you enjoy, are good at or an experience that helped you and you want to share with others.
- Write every day if you can. There are many subjects and topics to write about so you should be able to write new content easily. Its best practice to write new content that ties in with your existing blog posts as this adds more relevant content to your overall, general topic. Make sure your content is ALWAYS related to the main title and topic of your blog post.
- Make sure to reply to your readers comments and engage with them by always answering their questions and pointing them in the right direction. You may also explain more about your content in other blog posts that are related to.
- Be sure to include ALT and TITLE descriptions on links and images to help your users in case your images don’t show up in their browser for some reason. It is best practice to try and use related keywords as search engines can read them.They cannot read images.
- Break your content up by using paragraphs, spacing and headings. You can also use color and bolding to make it easier to navigate to content that your readers are looking for or are more interested in. Consider coloring your links as well.
Checking Your Draft Before Publishing
- Save your draft every time you have finished a new paragraph or section of your post before you publish. Don’t rely on the auto save to work as sometimes you may experience a connection problem.
- Check that all your links to your related posts work correctly and that the links are in the correct positions in your post content. If they add relevant content to the paragraph they are placed in then they help your readers.
- After your finished writing, hit the preview button on the right and double check that your post includes all the above requirements before publishing to the world wide web. Once you click publish, its on display to the world along with all your links to your other articles.
I hope you enjoyed this article and learn’t something that will benefit you next time you write a blog post of your own.Subscribe to Free Tutorials