This PHP code adds a product to the cart when a coupon code is applied in WooCommerce. in this example, we add a free product with the id of 14646 when coupon 30OFF is applied with a 30% discount.
To create a discount code in WooCommerce that provides a percentage discount and automatically adds a specific product to the cart when the coupon is applied, you can use the coupon functionality native to WooCommerce and custom PHP code.
Here are the steps:
1. Create a Free Product :
- In your WooCommerce dashboard, go to Products > Add New.
- Create a new product that will be offered for free. Set the regular price to 0.
2. Create a Coupon Code :
- Go to WooCommerce > Coupons.
- Click on Add Coupon.
3. Configure the Coupon :
- Set the coupon code (e.g., “30OFF”).
- Set the discount type to Percentage Discount and enter 30 in the amount field.
4. Add Custom Code :
- Using FTP, navigate to your child themes functions file.
- Open the functions.php file of your child theme.
- Add the following code at the end of the file :
- Alternatively, use a code snippets or custom functionality plugin and add the code there instead.
Swap out 14646 with the ID of the free product you created.
5. Save Changes :
Save the changes to your functions.php file.
Using the code? If you are using the code from this post, please leave a review.