The code in this download folder enables you to display your book cover and details in the sidebar rather than the content area in Author Pro without modifying the code in the plugin directly.
By default, the single books page displays full width without a sidebar. The code in this tutorial :
- Adds a sidebar which you can display to the left or right of your content area using Genesis Simple Sidebars or the default primary sidebar.
- Removes the entire book details from the content area.
- Adds the entire book details to your sidebar of choice.
- Enables you to fully customize/modify the book details and entry fields including book meta via your child theme so your customizations are saved when the Genesis Author Pro plugin is updated.
Shows the book details including book image and book meta displaying before the custom sidebar.
Dependent on the activation of the Genesis Author Pro plugin by StudioPress.
There’s 3 steps :
- # Upload the single-books.php and Book_Meta.php files to your Author Pro theme folder
- # Copy & paste the PHP code to the end of your Author Pro themes functions file and sett the dimensions of your book image. In this example we used 1426 x 900 so the book image displays full width of the sidebar on smaller screens.
- # Copy & paste the demo CSS to the end of your Author Pro themes style.css file and clear caching