This is a beginners guide to adding new widget areas for StudioPress theme owners.
Please copy the code from the view raw link and paste it at the end of your child themes functions.php file using a text editor like Notepad++ for Windows or Text Wrangler for Mac users.
There’s generally only 2 changes you will need to make to this code.
- Change the hook to determine which position your widget displays.
- Change the conditional tag to determine which pages your widget displays on.
- The hook used in the above code example is genesis_after_header
- The Conditional Tag used in the same code is is_front_page
The links below help you choose which hook & conditional tag to modify in the above code snippet to suit your needs.
Add Widget After Single Posts
All you need to do is copy this line of PHP code and paste it at the end of your child themes functions file using a code editor.
add_theme_support( 'genesis-after-entry-widget-area' );
Change Hook & Conditional Tag
- Positioning Your Widget Using Hooks
- Control Which Pages Your Widget Displays On Using Conditional Tags
- Add Widget Inside Body of Content Area