This code enables you to customize the default Genesis featured posts widget from your child themes folder and modify the code safely so its not lost when Genesis updates.
The reason i have written this tutorial is because of 2 forum questions i read recently, both of which are pretty much the same question:
I am looking to re-position post meta area before post title with image aligned left.
Code Installation – Beginners Guide
- Copy the PHP code from the view raw link in the Gist labelled genesis-post-widget.php and paste it into a new file named genesis-post-widget.php using a code editor like Notepad++.
- Upload the file to the root directory of your child themes folder.
- Copy the code from the Gist labelled functions.php and paste it at the end of your child themes functions.php file.
- You’ll then find a new widget named Genesis Custom Posts under Appearance > Widgets.
Note: You can change the classes in the code or use CSS from any StudioPress child theme for the Genesis Featured Posts widget and change the classes to match what you have in the code of the Genesis Custom Posts widget.
Related Widgets & Plugins
- Modify Genesis Featured Posts Widget
- Featured Posts Pro Widget for Genesis
- Genesis Featured Posts Widget – Entry Title Before Featured Image