This page template for Genesis displays a image from your child theme’s images folder named splash.jpg
How To Use This Template
- Using a code editor like Notepad++ for Windows or Text Wrangler for Mac, create a new file named splash.php.
- Copy the PHP from the view raw link in the Gist below and paste it into the file.
- Upload the file to your child theme’s root directory.
- Upload a image named splash.jpg to your child theme’s images folder.
- Select the template named Splash from the Template drop down menu in the Page Attributes meta box in any Edit Page screen.
Click the view raw link in the Gist and copy the code.
Change Image Position
Swap out the
genesis_entry_content hook in the above code with another hook to change image position.
Based on the following question from a member of the Genesis community:
I am trying to create a splash page via a custom template (splash.php) and I can see that the template is showing in the templates drop down when I create a new page.
Tested using the Genesis Sample child theme by StudioPress.