There’s 2 steps involved when duplicating home page widgets for the Serenity child theme by StudioPress.
- Duplicate the code for the home featured widget in the home.php file
- Duplicate the PHP code which registers the home-featured widget in your functions.php file.
Home Page Template – home.php
Here’s the home.php code which needs to be pasted after the existing code in the file:
Functions File – functions.php
And here’s the code which needs to be added to the other PHP code in your child themes functions.php file which registers the second-featured-bottom.
No need to add any CSS as we have used the existing selector i.d’s which apply to the original home page widget we have just duplicated.
Here’s the widgets page on the backend after registering a new Second Home Featured widget for the home page.
And here’s the front end using the Calender widget in both featured bottom widgets on the home page.
You can also add another widget area after the header and before the 2 left and right featured widgets areas.
- Adding/Duplicating Home Page Widgets in Genesis
- How To Duplicate Home Featured Widgets Site Wide
- How To Use Home Page Widgets On Other Pages