This blog page template, tested using the latest version of Genesis which has removed the default blog template, enables you to :
- Display posts in 1,2,3,4 & 6 columns.
- Set number of posts to display on the blog page only.
- Include and exclude posts from specific categories.
- Use any of the settings using the code from this tutorial in the template.
Demo Video #
Shows the blog page displying entries in 3 columns.
Tested using the Essence Pro child theme by StudioPress. Should work fine in most Genesis child themes without modification.
Installation Steps #
There’s 2 steps :
Step 1 – Upload the file named page_blog.php to your child theme folder or page-templates folder.
Step 2 – Copy & paste the CSS to the end of your child themes style.css file and clear caching.
You can then create a new page named blog and select the Template named Blog from the Page Attributes box on the Edit Page screen.
- Essence Pro Category Archive Posts In 3 Columns
- Genesis Blog Page Template With Equal Height Posts In Grid