The template in this download folder enables you to customize the blog page in any Genesis child theme.
In this case, the template is coded to –
- Full width content
- Removes the breadcrumbs
- Adds the blog page to the page attributes box on the Edit Page screen
- Display each post ( entry ) exactly the same height regardless of title length
- Sets a default featured image named default.png from your child themes images folder if no featured image added
- Includes Posts per page setting for the blog page archive template only
- Includes settings for include and exclude
- Removes the default half-width-entries class included in the Essence Pro child theme. ( Remove this function if not using Essence Pro )
- Set content to display with a content limit specific to this blog page
- Customize/remove the read more text and link
You can also use any of the code from this template to further customize your blog page.
Demo Video #
Shows the blog page displaying posts of equal height regardless of title length.
Tested using the Essence Pro child theme by StudioPress however will work in any Genesis child theme.
Installation Steps #
There’s 2 steps :
Step 1 – Upload the file named page_blog.php to your child theme folder.
Step 2 – Copy & paste the following CSS to the end of your child themes style.css file and flush/clear all caching.