This template enables you to display search results the same as your archive pages. In this example, we’ll display the search results on the Navigation Pro themes search results page like this :
As seen in the above screenshot, the template enables you to :
- Set the layout for the search results page
- Enable or disable the featured image
- Align the featured image
- Set the featured image size
- Display the content or excerpt
- Set the content limit
- Add Your Gravatar to the byline in the entry footer
- Display the post info including date, author and comments link in the entry footer
- Enable the comments form and comments link in the entry meta
Tested using the Navigation Pro child theme by StudioPress, the video shows you the search results page displaying entries for posts and pages which display exactly the same.
Will work in any Genesis child theme however some modification may be needed in some themes.
There’s only 1 step.
# Upload the search.php file to the Navigation Pro theme folder replacing the default search.php file.