This custom page template for genesis displays 3 posts from every category on the 1 page. If the category contains less than 3 posts, the category is excluded. Only the featured image and posts entry title display as seen in the following screenshot:
The template is fully mobile responsive as seen in the following demo video.
Tested using the Magazine Pro child theme by StudioPress.
Note: The CSS will need tweaking if using the template in other Genesis child themes.
- You can also display posts from categories which contain less then 3 posts by removing 1 line of code.
- The code uses WP_Query so you have a huge amount of parameters to choose from to control exactly which posts are displayed and which aren’t.
- By default the template uses the content sidebar layout. This can be changed to the full width layout with a simple tweak of the template code.
- By default, the posts display in 3 columns. This can be modified so your posts display in 2, 4, 5 or 6 columns.
- Upload the template file named all-cats-archive.php to the root directory of the Magazine Pro child theme.
- Select the template named All Categories Posts from the template drop down menu in the Page Attributes box located on every Edit Page screen.
- Copy and paste the CSS to the end of the themes style.css file.
Here’s the Template for logged in members: