This tutorials provides all the code you can install to create a carousel slide show of images like this:
There’s 3 steps you need to take to make the carousel work in your theme.
- Add HTML to your editor or text widget. You will also need to upload your slider images to your media library and replace the image URL’s in the HTML code
- Add PHP to your functions file to load the jQuery and CSS files
- Upload the unzipped wpsites-flex-slider folder to your child themes root directory
All code should be copied from the view raw link in the Gist and pasted using a code editor like Notepad++.
Video Installation Guide for Beginners
The video screencast simply shows you how to follow the steps in this tutorial to install the code which creates the carousel slide show.
- Tested on the Genesis Sample child theme by StudioPress.
- The CSS may need tweaking when using on other Genesis child themes or non StudioPress themes.
Here’s the carousel used in the Twenty Fourteen theme: