This code extends the code in this tutorial which enables you to add a responsive featured image after the header in Genesis child themes.
How It Works #
- If no image added, a fallback image named fallback.jpg is pulled from your child themes images folder.
- If no custom title added, the post title is displayed.
- If no custom text added, a word limit from the 1st paragraph of your entry content is used.
- Coded to add a responsive title & text over the featured image on each single post/page.
- Coded to work with ACF or WordPress custom fields
- Works on single posts and single pages
- Position content over image
Watch Demo Video #
Tested using the Genesis Sample child theme by StudioPress.
Shows a responsive title and text floated over the featured image on single posts.
Code Installation #
There’s 3 steps relating to usage of the files in the download folder :
Step 1 : Copy the PHP code from the functions.php file to the end of your child themes functions file.