Backing up your MySQL database using phpMyAdmin involves creating a copy of your database tables and exporting them to your local PC or anywhere else you wish to save them.
- Login to your web hosting accounts cPanel and navigate to Databases and click on phpMyAdmin
2. Enter your username and password to login to phpMyAdmin.
3. You can either select databases on the far left or click the databases tab on the top navigation tabs to reveal all your databases.
4. Next step is to select the databases which you wish to copy (backup) and click the export tab.
This tutorial shows the tables with all the data inside on the left for the blogpress database.
5. You only need to check the Add Drop Table which i have enclosed in a red and then click export.
You can see all the tables within the database are highlighted in Blue and these will be copied and exported as soon as you click export. make sure all 5 boxes are checked including these:
6. Tick the ‘Save as File’ then click the go button and save the copy of your MySQL database to your local PC. You can also choose to save a compressed or gzipped file if you have a huge DB.
You have now completed backup of your WordPress database.Subscribe to Free Tutorials