Speeding up WordPress isn’t the easiest task if you’re some one like me that loves images and videos in your blog posts. I really would love to embed at least one video in every post but my readers would have to tolerate really slow page loading times and poor overall site speed in general.
What i have done is increase the performance of my WordPress site speed from a D grade Score of 66 to a B grade Score of 83. How did i do this? Rather than follow every single factor that effects WordPress speed and the overall performance of WordPress, I simply implemented the best 3 that suited my situation.
- Installed WP Super Cache (After trying W3 Total Cache)
- Upgraded to a WordPress VPS (Why host your own videos & Install Video Sitemap?)
- Installed free WP Minify plugin (Combine CSS & JS Files to improve page load times)
And here’s the latest result using (YSlow Firefox Addon) which shows a 83 Score.
Its great to finally see a big result like this because i was seriously dying of boredom working on this stuff. Now i have renewed interest as i like experiencing a faster site and really do enjoy sharing these useful tips with my readers.
Hope you find value and good results from these tips as i know many of you are interested in an easy way to speed up your WordPress blogs and Websites.
Here’s the screenshot before i applied the site speed solutions for wordpress.
In addition to these 3 tips, there are other recommendations to improve WordPress speed increase overall wordpress performance:
- Use a Content Delivery Network (CDN)
- Add Expires Headers
- Compress images
I was going to complete full configuration of W3 Total Cache (I’ll still report on this) but decided to switch back to WP Super Cache after i found out i can still use this plugin with a Content Delivery Network.
Posts related to WordPress Speed & Performance
- W3 Total Cache Plugin For WordPress Produces the Same Lightning Fast Site Speed To Match WP Super Cache’s Performance
- How To Increase The Page Speed Of Your WordPress Site – Website Speed Test
- 5 Easy Ways To Increase Your Site Speed Using The Best Website Optimization Tools
- VPS Hosting for WordPress Gives You Enormous WordPress VPS Power
- WordPress WP Super Cache Plugin Produces Lightning Fast Website Speed For Your WordPress Blog
- How To Track WordPress Page Load Speeds In the new Google Analytics
Subscribe via e-mail