After you’ve checked the page speed of your site using Google’s free online website speed test you may want to find some website optimization tools that can increase your site speed without having to hire an expert and fork out any dosh.
Here’s 5 of the best ways to speed up your website using the most effective website optimization methods
1) Install WP Super Cache or W3 Total Cache Plugin for WordPress: Installation of either of these 2 WordPress plugins is essential because they will provide full site caching which is the most effective way to increase your site speed quickly and easily for free.
WP Super Cache is the easiest to setup as you just install it then select enable and save. W 3 Total cache is easy as well but has more options and also gives you the choice of creating the cache on your own server, or using a content delivery network for absolute max warp speed. Mashable, Techcrunch and many other big sites have installed W3 Total Cache because they need it. The creator of the w3 Total Cache plugin for wordpress is a longtime Max CDN user.
2) Using a CDN (Content Delivery Network) means you use a network of computer servers at different locations around the globe to save your sites files and content. Used w3 Total Cache and VPS or a Dedicated server will provide the ultimate site speed and website optimization. Max CDN is an affordable and popular provider of this service for top sites like Mashable and Copyblogger who have lots of readers from all around the world.
3) Install a Clean Coded Theme. There’s no doubt that clean coded themes are far more effective when it comes to website optimization. Code that loads effeciently loads faster and it seems many new bloggers always start out with free themes and then upgrade to premium themes after they experience problems and limitations with a poorly coded free theme.
4) Review Your Plugins. Have you noticed how fast you pages load when you first install WordPress? With over 12,000 free plugins in the WordPress plugins directory, its hard not to install one every time you want your site to do something because its free and easy. Try using your forum to get some code instead which you can insert directly into the core framework. Plugins and widgets tend to come with all this extra baggage that really not essential.
5) Find the best Host. Shared hosting has its limits believe me. I have witnessed first hand the throttling effects on my site after attracting to many spiders and installing to many plugins which use excess hosting resources. If you start to build to many sites and add to many php scripts you will find your site will slow down and you may even experience an internal server error like i did before i made the switch. Unlimited domains, unlimited bandwidth etc don’t mean you get unlimited hosting resources.
I’ve just opened another hosting account with Hostgator and also switched from WP Super Cache to W3 Total Cache to try and optimize by website better and increase my sites speed. There are also other ways which will help increase your site speed and improve your website optimization like compressing images and so on but these top 5 solutions produce the best results especially when combined together.
Posts related to website optimization tools and site speed
- WordPress WP Super Cache Plugin Produces Lightning Fast Website Speed For Your WordPress Blog
- W3 Total Cache Plugin For WordPress Produces the Same Lightning Fast Site Speed To Match WP Super Cache’s Performance
- How To Increase The Page Speed Of Your WordPress Site – Website Speed Test
- Yahoo’s Best Practices for Speeding Up Your Web Site
- VPS Hosting for WordPress Gives You Enormous WordPress VPS Power