Not using Installatron?
In this step-by-step tutorial i will walk you through the correct way to install WordPress using Installatron.
If your web host is using installatron its probably about time to find a better host offering all the latest software as installatron is now an old program.
Note: You can also install WordPress manually.
1. Login to your direct admin Login page using your username and password
2. You are now logged in to your Direct Admin Page and can see your domain or domains listed here. This is what my Direct admin Page looks like below.
3. Click on the domain you wish to install the software onto.
You will now arrive at this screen.
4. Scroll down to Advanced Features. It should look like this.
5. Now click on Instant Package Installer and you will arrive at this screen.
Your screen may look a little different as i have already installed wordpress on several other existing domains.
6. Now click on the Applications Browser tab near the top right and scroll down to Apps for Content Management.
Here you will find a range of Content management applications.
Click on WordPress.
7. Once you have clicked on WordPress you will arrive at a screen like this one below.
Here you will find a tab called, Install This Application.
Click on install this application.
8. You will then arrive at the next screen which will guide you through the installation process.
Follow the on screen instructions to install WordPress.
The screen will look like this.
9. Welcome to the Instant Package Installer install wizard!
This wizard will guide you through the installation of WordPress.
The install process will add an instance of the selected application to your domain.
This will create the files and directories of the software, and a database (if used by the application).
10. Follow the instructions on the screen which will look like this:
Please select a location to install WordPress.
The location is a combination of a domain and a path that together determine where the files will be installed and where the application will be viewed in a web browser after installation.
i.e www.yourdomain.com – root directory
or www.yourdomain.com/blog – sub directory
or www.blog.yourdomain.com – sub domain
10. Here i have chosen the root directory which is http://wpsites.net/
11. Click o.k and you will move to the next screen
12. Click next and the latest version will start installing.
Select the version of WordPress to install.
13. Accept the terms and conditions.
Click accept and you will arrive at the next screen which will look like this.
Now click next and the Database Management will automatically manage the database settings for me.
14. Instant Package Installer is ready to install. Click next.
15. Instant package installer is now completing your installation.
16. You can change the administrator username to something that is easy to remember and also change the password.
17. Congratulations. You have successfully installed WordPress to your domain and your hosting account.
Here you will find your admin username and password that you will use to login to your new site so you can start designing your wordpress blog.
18. Your Applications can be accessed, upgraded, backed up edited and uninstalled from here.
I use Netfirms for my domains and i recommend these 3 best web hosts for WordPress beginners as they offer a free trial, are WordPress optimized, offer 24/7 technical support and you can cancel at anytime, No contracts.Subscribe for Tutorials - Double Opt In