This tutorial for Genesis users provides the PHP code which enables you to:
- Show the full content for the 1st post in any archive page including, front, home, blog & category archive pages etc.
- After the first post, show excerpts for all other posts on the 1st page of any paginated archive page or on all paginated pages.
- Modify the code to display any number of posts in full and any number of subsequent posts as excerpts.
- Change the conditional tag for specific archive pages only.
- Override the Genesis > Theme Settings > Content Archives > Display settings regardless if whether they are set to display the Entry Content or Entry Excerpts.
Here’s an example showing full content for the first post and an excerpt for the second post:
Here’s the full code for logged in members which includes 2 different solutions:
You need to subscribe to fully access this tutorial.