This tutorial provides the code which adds the front page template for widget areas back to the new versions of Monochrome Pro which are coded to use blocks.
The front-page.php file also includes code to add a video background behind the front page 1 widget area replacing the background image added via the customizer.
The video, added via the customizer, displays behind the front page 1 widget & site header on desktops then below the header on smaller screens once the responsive menu is activated.
Shows the front page 1 widget background image replaced with a video added via the customizer and the entire front page widget areas added from the old version of Monochrome Pro to the new block versions.
There’s 4 steps :
- # Upload the customize.php file to the lib folder replacing the default customize.php file.
- # Copy & paste the PHP code from the functions.php file to the end of your Monochrome Pro themes functions file.
- # Upload the front-page.php file to your Monochrome Pro theme folder like this :
- # Upload the style-front.css file to your Monochrome Pro theme folder like this :
- Replace The Image With Video & Cover Text In Monochrome Pro
- Replace Genesis Block Background Image With Video On Monochrome Pro Front Page