This code enables you to add your most recent post before your archive page title and all other posts in the loop after your title like this :
The code enables you to :
- Add your first post before your archive title on the first page of your paginated archives.
- Customize/modify the default output for your Genesis child themes archive page.
- Style the first post differently.
Shows the first post in the archive page loop displaying before the archive title description div on the tag archive page.
Tested using the Genesis Sample child theme by StudioPress.
There’s 2 steps :
- # Upload the file named tag.php to your child theme folder like this:
- # Copy & paste the CSS to the end of your child themes style.css file and clear caching.
Note : Rename the file to load the template on any other archive page type like category.php, archive.php and archive-portfolio.php.
The style.css file includes optional styling. If you don’t want to style your archive like the demo, only use the first 24 lines of CSS.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.