As the image shows, this template loads video’s with a image overlay in a 3 column grid for each taxonomy term.
The template enables you to :
- Display a custom image overlay, using a custom field or the featured image if no custom image added. If no featured is image added, a default image from your child themes images folder named poster.png is loaded.
- Display a custom title using a custom field, other the post title is displayed.
- Display a loop for videos for each term separated by a header displaying the term title.
- Create a custom post type named video which you can change if needed.
- Create unlimited terms for your CPT taxonomy named video-type in your dashboard without adding/editing code.
Shows videos added using custom fields for each term displaying in a 3 column grid. Enables the use of a custom poster image, default image or featured image overlaying the video.
There’s 3 steps :
- # Upload the template file named video-tax-terms.php to your child theme folder like this :
- # Copy & paste the PHP code from the functions.php file to the end of your child themes functions file.
- # Copy & paste the CSS from the style.css file to the end of your child themes style sheet and clear caching.
Once you have completed the above installation steps, you can add your a link to your self hosted or externally hosted video using the custom field key named video_link as seen in the following screenshot ;
Optionally, you can also add a link to your custom overlay image using the custom field key video_image and text for your custom title using the custom field key video_title.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.