In this post, i’ll show you how easy it is to create your own custom search results page template for Genesis.
The results page this code creates is only displayed when using the built in native WordPress search widget or function.
Installation Steps #
There’s 3 code blocks connected together in this Gist.
- Firstly, Upload the file named search.php to the root directory of your Genesis child theme.
- Secondly, copy & paste the PHP code from functions.php to the end of your child themes functions.php file
- Last of all, copy the CSS code from the Gist labelled style.css and paste it near the end of your child themes style.css file before the start of your Media Queries.
The code assumes you’re using the Genesis > Theme Settings > Content Archives > Display Entry Content settings.
- Excerpts & Titles Only Genesis Search Results Page Template
- Genesis Search Results Template You Can Fully Customize
- Use Custom Field Content For A Custom Post Type In Genesis Search Results
- Display Different Size Featured Image On Search Results Archive Page
- Twenty Fourteen Theme: Custom Search Results Page
- Custom Search Form for Custom Post Type
- List Titles Only On Search Results Page