This code enables you to customize all the default functionality of the genesis featured post widget.
And, you can customize the widget via the safety of your child theme rather than install a plugin.
Common Modification/Customization Requests
Here are some of the common modifications you can do to the default Genesis featured posts widget using the code from this tutorial :
- Reposition image after entry title
- Exclude/Include posts from specific categories
- Show posts from custom post types
- Exclude/include specific posts
- Add custom featured image for featured posts widget only, not archives
- Add Categories & Tags To Genesis Featured Posts Widget
- Open Genesis Featured Posts Widget Links In New Window
- Remove Link from Genesis Featured Posts Titles
- Link Genesis Featured Posts Featured Images To Any URL
There’s 2 steps :
Step 1 : From the download folder, upload the file named custom-featured-posts-widget.php to your child themes root directory.
Step 2 : From the download folder, copy & paste the PHP code from the functions.php file to the end of your child themes functions.php file.
You can then modify the default functionality of the widget and request support if help needed to do so.
Register or login to access the download folder :
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.