As a consequence to Google no longer supporting Feedburner, some people think they will close the service altogether at some stage.
Will this cause a loss of RSS and email subscribers?
Absolutely if they don’t give you access to a backup of your email subscribers and redirect your Feedburner feed back to your original feed.
So whats the solution:
There’s 4 steps:
- Export Feedburner E-Mail Subscribers
- Delete and Permanently redirect Feedburner Feed.
- Import E-mail subscribers to new service.
- Offer Native WordPress RSS Feed URL.
But what about RSS subscribers?
Your existing RSS subscribers will generally be subscribed to the URL you created when you opened your Feedburner account which would be something like feed.feedburner/nameoffeed.
Your original native feed would be something like http://example.com/feed
You can see both your original feed and your Feedburner fee in your Feedburner account like what you see in the following image:
Redirect Feedburner Feed Back to WordPress RSS Feed
All you need to do is close your Feedburner account which automatically redirects your Feedburner URL back to your native feed URL.
Once you delete your Feedburner account and check the permanent redirect box, you can then offer your native feed URL to new RSS subscribers or use another service like Feedblitz or MadMimi RSS to Email which is something i very much like myself for many reasons.
Find Your Sites Original RSS Feed
There’s several ways to find your original RSS feed.
- Simply look in the source code of your website for a url which generally ( but not always ) looks something like http://example.com/feed
- It will also be in your Feedburner account as seen in the above image.
Export FeedBurner Email Subscribers
- Login to your Feedburner account
- Click on your feed link
- In the Analyze tag under Feed Stats, click subscribers
- Scroll down and click Feedburner Email Subscribers which expands
- Then click Manage Your Email Subscriber List
- Scroll down and lick the CSV link next to Export: CSV and export your subscribers
You can then import your emails into another program like Mad Mimi.
You can also setup RSS to Email using Mad Mimi.
Some of The Benefits of Using Mad Mimi
- Mad Mimi sends from your email address
- Only costs $42 for 10,000 emails
- Very easy to Use
- RSS to e-mail
- Schedule frequency
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.