While you’re editing a post, you may want to assign each one to a specific category or group related posts together using tags. Here’s some helpful resources which you can take a look at if needed.
- Indexing or No Indexing Categories and Tags
- Changing, Moving & Deleting WordPress Categories
- How To Edit, Change & Fix Duplicate Category Slugs in WordPress
- Post Category Tips To Improve The Rank Of Your Archive Pages
- Post Tags Help Navigation, Increase Page Views & SEO For Your Blog
WordPress uses both categories and tags to group related content together.
- Categories are a bit like the table of contents in a book
- Tags are like keywords you create to group more specific posts together
Its better to keep your categories to a minimum when you first start blogging for different reasons:
- You can always add more categories later on when you have a least 10 posts published with related content
- If you create a large amount of categories first, you’ll suffer from broken links if you decide you don’t need them and delete them.
Next we’ll take a look at different aspects of links in WordPress.Subscribe to Free Tutorials