Most WordPress users own more than one site.
Many WordPress consultants & Web Designers manage dozens of these sites from the one dashboard.
There’s 2 ways to achieve this:
- WordPress include’s a built in function named multi site which you can use to create a network of sites.
- Another way to create and manage multiple installations is to use a service named ManageWP.
This service allows you to fully manage an unlimited amount of sites from the one location.
Lets checkout the benefits of using a tool like managewp:
- Monitoring uptime – You’ll be notified which sites are down and how long the downtime lasted.
- Updates – Receive notifications when new plugin, theme and WordPress versions are ready to be updated. Update all sites you manage in one click.
- Monitor traffic changes – Configure the settings to monitor changes in traffic by a certain percentage compared to a previous period.
- Google analytics – No need to sign in to multiple accounts to check stats. All the reports for each site are only one click away.
- Backup – Schedule automatic file and database backups to be sent to your online storage provider periodically.
- Copy and install sites quickly – The clone tools allows you to copy existing sites and install them to other domains quickly
- Install pre made sites – You can also install pre made sites you have designed with different themes and plugins to multiple domains faster than any other method.
- Moving WordPress sites – You can also migrate multiple sites to new servers or domains faster than manually moving them over.
This is an excellent service for web designers, WordPress consultants, SEO’s & WordPress users who need to manage multiple installations.
Managewp offer a range of premium plans as well as a free account for up to 5 WordPress sites.
Managewp was founded by Vladimir Prelovac who has been developing several popular plugins and is well respected in the WordPress community.
They have offices in the United States and Belgrade, Serbia.
Image Source: Managewp
I have personally tested this tool for some time and recommend managewp as an excellent solution for management of multiple WordPress installations.