One of the most common errors experienced when updating WordPress to a new version is the white screen of death!
If you experience a white screen or error after updating WordPress, it may be because of your plugins.
One of your plugins may not be compatible with the latest version of WordPress so you’ll need to deactivate all of them.
Generally, you won’t be able to login to your WordPress dashboard and do this if you have a white screen.
Rename Plugin Folder to plugins.old
- Login to your web hosting accounts cPanel
- Scroll down to the Files section and click on File Manager
- Navigate to your Plugins directory public_html/yoursite/wp-content
- Rename your plugins folder to plugins.old
- Login to your wp-admin.php
- Once you’ve successfully logged into your WordPress dashboard, you can then reactivate your plugins one by one to find the monster plugin.
You can also use this guide to rename your themes folder to themes.old if the error isn’t caused by a plugin.
And you can also use FTP to do this as well.Book Consultation