Its not hard to understand that the header area of WordPress is the first part of your site viewed by your visitors.
For this reason, you want to make a good first impression as most visitors either like what they see and stay or leave immediately in which case over 90% never to return.
Most of the content in this tutorial comes from the video below where i’ll show you how to create a header using a logo image and some text.
What you need to get started:
- Image editor or Graphic design software
I’m using paint.net which is like a simple version of Adobe Photoshop for windows users. Its free and easy to learn how to use.
You can also use paint.net to create a logo.
If you’re searching for an awesome design team to create a top quality logo for you, i suggest you take a look at 99 designs.
Most good WordPress themes offer many design options so you can easily fit your header image into your site. If you’re using a theme which doesn’t, you’ll find the header styling in either you style.css file or your header.php.
Look for #header and edit the styling to make your header image look good and blend in with the rest of your site.
Tips for Creating a Good Header
- A header should explain what content you offer on your site
- Blend in with the theme and colors of your site
- Simple text headers which clearly represent the content on your site are best
- Your header is part of your branding which should exist on all pages of your site
Here’s some more resources to help you create an awesome header for your blog or website: