There’s no real need to install WordPress locally unless you’re a developer.
The reason for this is that most hosting providers offer an easy one click installation of WordPress.
The other problem is that at some stage you’ll need to transfer your site to a live server which can be very technically challenging.
If you still need to, here’s the tutorial using Instant WP.
Download The Software
1. Go to the instantwp website and download the .exe installer application to your desktop.
You may get a warning that this file is unsafe but don’t worry.
2. Create a new folder to store the server files and WordPress in.
Example: WordPress Local.
3. Click the InstatWP icon to start the installation.
Browse for the new folder you created on your desktop.
4. Click Install
Once the installation has completed, open the folder on your desktop.
5. Click the instantwp icon inside the folder to open your control panel.
6. Click WordPress admin and type in admin as the username and password as the password.
That’s all there is to it.
You’ll now be logged into the Dashboard and can install plugins, change themes etc.
Uninstalling Instant WP
Simply delete the folder from your desktop and you’re done.
How Many Times Can I Install WordPress
You can run multiple local installations of WordPress easily using this program.
Other Ways To Install WordPress Locally
I’ve already written about installing WordPress using: