Italian blogging platform Splinder.com is closing down so Splinder bloggers will be looking to choose a new blogging platform for their existing content. To help make the transfer easier, WordPress have created a new Splinder import tool for WordPress.com users.
If you’re thinking of making the move from Splinder to WordPress, now is the time to move your blog posts before Splinder shuts down once and for all. This way you can get setup at WordPress before its too late.
How To Export your Splinder Content
Before you can import your Splinder content, you’ll first need to export your file to your computer by following this process
- Log in to Splinder and click the “Blog” link at the top of your home page.
- Then click the “configura” link at the top of your blog page.
- Then click “Esporta blog e attiva redirect” located in the right-hand sidebar.
- To download the content of your Splinder blog, click the link “Clicca qui per scaricare il file con i contenuti del tuo blog.”
Download the export file of your Splinder content to your local computer and then import the file to your WordPress site
How to Import Your Splinder Content to WordPress.com
- First step is to create a WordPress.com blog and then go to Tools > Import in your WordPress admin screen.
- Click the Splinder import tool and import your Splinder export file from your local computer to WordPress
- Don’t forget to check the download and import file attachments in order to import your images as well
- The WordPress.com servers may take some time to import your content and images attachments so be patient.
How to Create a Redirect from Splinder to WordPress
Once your import is complete, its a good idea to go back and login to your Splinder account to redirect your old blogs readers to your WordPress address. Simply enter your WordPress URL in your Splinder blog settings and click the “Attiva redirect” button to create a redirect.
I’m sure you’ll enjoy a great experience at WordPress, your new home on the world wide web
Guide to Getting Started With WordPress
If you’re new to WordPress, we have created a handy WordPress Guide which will help you learn how to setup your blog the right way the first time and avoid any issues down the track. This way you can focus on creating awesome blog posts.
Consider This: Should i Move to WordPress.com or WordPress.org?
If you’re looking for the ultimate blogging experience including full control over your sites files and databases, you can then easily move from WordPress.com to WordPress.org and host your blog on a web server you have full control over unlike WordPress.com.
Moving your Splinder blog posts to WordPress is very easy if you use the new import tool. Its very similiar to moving from Tumblr to WordPress and not much different than moving from Blogger to WordPress.