This tutorial provides the code which enables you to add the hero section from the front page to each category page. You can also :
- Add a unique hero image
- Add a unique title & description
Shows custom fields added to each category admin page enabling you to add a unique title, description & poster to the hero section on any category archive page.
Tested using the Academy Pro child theme by StudioPress however should work in most Genesis child themes.
There’s 4 steps :
- # Upload the folder named hero to the Academy Pro theme folder like this
- # Upload the category.php file to the Academy Pro theme folder like this
- # Copy & paste the following PHP code to the end of the Academy Pro themes functions file.
- # Install the ACF plugin ( free or premium version ), go to Custom Fields > Tools > Import and import the 96534.acf.json file.
require_once CHILD_DIR . '/hero/hero-switch.php';