In the good old days, the only way to install WordPress was to download the software from the official WordPress website and upload the files to your server.
These days, things are far easier.
If you’re not technically experienced with downloading and installing software manually, i suggest you either:
- Use a free setup service for WordPress or
- Choose a hosting plan from one of our recommended providers and install WordPress automatically
However, if you still need to download WordPress, this video will give you a look at what you need to do.
This video will walk you through these steps:
- Where to find the download page on the official WordPress website
- How to download the zip folder and save it to your local computer
- Extract files to your local pc
- Uploading files to your server using FTP
- Where to find a free FTP program.
- Transferring files from your local computer to your server using FTP
If you get stuck and need technical assistance, here’s a list of some of the best support forums.
Next we’ll take a look at installing WordPress on your web server manually.Subscribe for Genesis Tutorials - Double Opt In Confirmation Required