This tutorial is one of a series of tutorials created for users of Kolakube skins installed on the Thesis framework.
There’s different ways to install a skin however i’ve written this tutorial for beginners so i’ll show you the easiest way.
If you’ve just purchased your skin along with the Thesis theme framework, i’ll show you how to install both at the same time.
Installing Thesis With Kolakube Skin
- Download Thesis zipped file to your local computers desktop
- Also download your Kolakube skin zip file to the same location
- You don’t need to unzip the file’s, simply click your skins zip folder and locate the folder named custom
- Drag this folder out of the zip file onto your desktop
- While you’re at it, also drag the thesis-all-options-marketers-delight.dat file as well
You should now have both your skins custom folder and the thesis .dat file on your desktop along with both zip files
- Click the Thesis zip folder and find the folder inside name custom-sample.
- Delete this folder and replace it by dragging your skins custom folder in its place
Uploading Thesis To Your WordPress Installation
The easiest way to install Thesis is to use the built in theme uploader located in your WordPress dashboard.
Other options include uploading the theme using FTP or File Manager in cPanel but you don’t need to use these methods to simply upload a theme or skin.
- Login to your WordPress admin panel
- Navigate to Appearance > Themes > Install Themes > Upload
- Here you can browse for your Theses zip file and upload it to WordPress
Activating Your Skins Options
Now that you have Thesis installed, its time to finish installing your skin. Your skins files are already uploaded as you put them inside Thesis.
All you need to do now is upload your skins options which are in the Thesis-all-options-marketers-delight.dat file which should still be located on your desktop.
- Inside your wp admin screen, click the Thesis tab on the left side
- Under the Thesis tab, click the Manage Options link
You’ll arrive at this screen where you can simply browse for your skins dat file and upload it. Here’s the correct button to click.
Changing File Permissions On Your Custom Folder
There’s one last thing you need to do before your Thesis skin will work properly
The location of the layout.css fie should be something like this:
Changing file permissions is very easy but if you have any problem simply contact your host and they will do it for you.
Its simply a matter of navigating to your Thesis themes custom folder and right clicking the layout.css file where you can then select permissions and change them to 666.
If you make a mistake, you may see the white screen of death which means you have made an error and your screen has turned white.
Simply start again as you will have a copy of both Thesis and your skin on your local computer or you can download another.
I’ve already written several tutorials on how to create feature boxes, landing pages and more online marketing tutorials soon. Click here to get these free tutorials delivered in your inbox and never miss a post.
What do you think of your new skin for Thesis?Subscribe for new Genesis Tutorials