Code Poet has released a free download named Locking Down WordPress.
You can choose from 3 formats:
Most of the content in this download is already available from the WordPress.org Codex.
The download contains advice from 3 experts about:
- How quality hosting is different from cheap hosting
- Recommended security plugins
- Why strong passwords are so important
- Taking regular full backups
- Updating plugins and themes to secure code
I’ve already written about different ways to secure your WordPress site:
- WPEngine only host WordPress and focus on security and speed.
- WPEngine offer backup and restore points.
- WordFence is one of the best all in one security plugins
- Change your username and password to at least 10 digits long containing upper and lower case letters, numbers and symbols
- Take daily full backup and store it away from your server. Backup to Dropbox is one option you can try.
- Updating themes and plugins is crucial for security.