This code enables you to add the date your product was published in any WordPress theme. The code includes :
- Schema markup
- ACF .json file to show or hide the product date
- A special function for human time difference
- A function for the date which includes parameters for before, after, label and time format.
- A function to output the date on single product pages if your custom field value is set to true (1).
Example output in HTML source :
<time class="product-date" itemprop="datePublished" datetime="2022-05-28T07:06:38+00:00">May 28, 2022</time>
To do this, you need to setup a input method and use PHP code for the output.
You have 2 ways to input your custom field value for true or false :
(1) You can show the date using this ACF .json file which products this switch added to the Edit Product screen
(2) or use a WordPress custom field named product_date using a value of 1 for true and 0 for false.
Tested using the Twenty Twenty default theme for WordPress & Genesis.
Installation – Output
There’s only 1 step :
Copy & paste the PHP code from the download folder to the end of your child themes functions file.
Note : The code is written to work with non Genesis themes. If using Genesis, change this line of the PHP code from :
You do NOT need to use the
woocommerce_product_date product functions if using Genesis. Only use the
add_product_date function with the modified output for the post_date as stated above if using any Genesis child theme.