This post shows you the easiest way to move your entire site to a new host, server or domain.
Its exactly the same process for migrating WordPress from a local installation.
1. Install the WP Migrate DB plugin
2. Enter in the new server path and your domain name
3. Export your database sql file to your local computer
4. Create a new database on your new server
5. Import your database sql file to your new database
6. Replace your old database connection details in your wp-config file with your new details.
7. Upload your files to your server using FTP
Works perfectly every time.
Made a Mistake?
The main problem people have when migrating WordPress is broken links or database connection errors.
The WP Migrate DB plugin will change all file paths and urls so you never suffer from broken links.
Better Than BackupBuddy?
I think this method is better than using BackupBuddy because there’s less that can go wrong.Subscribe for new Genesis Tutorials